Budgeting for the HolidaysSubmitted by Bellwether Wealth on November 1st, 2017
With 22 days until Thanksgiving, 41 days until Hanukkah begins, and 54 days until Christmas, it’s safe to say the holiday season is fast approaching. As exciting and joyful the holiday season is, many people stretch their budget a bit too far during this time of year. We’d like to help you prepare early, and prepare well, to ensure your wallet stays full and your financial goals are still intact come 2018.
Here are a few ways you can stay ahead this holiday season:
- Asses your budget now and decide what you’re comfortable with spending.
- Create a budget for each holiday, and be sure to include money you will spend on gifts, holiday dinners, holiday parties and recreational spending.
- If you will be making purchases using credit, be sure to have a repayment plan in place so you don’t incur additional interest costs.
- All of the deals advertised during the holiday season may look great, but it’s important to realistically look at your budget before swiping that card.
- Make a menu for your holiday dinner – and stick with it!
- Planning a menu will help you prepare a budget for your holiday meals, which will alleviate overspending by going to the store without a plan. However, if you do end up preparing more than what you need, consider donating leftover food to a local shelter like the Siena/Francis House or People’s City Mission
By following these three simple steps, you can confidently celebrate the holiday season and give great gifts to your loved ones knowing that you’ve made a plan with your future goals in mind. If you’d like to discuss your holiday budget with one of our certified financial planners to be sure it best positions you to meet your future goals, contact our office at 402-476-8844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This material represents an assessment of the market and economic environment at a specific point in time and is not intended to be a forecast of future events, or a guarantee of future results. Forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties. Actual results, performance, or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied. Information is based on data gathered from what we believe are reliable sources. It is not guaranteed by Kestra Investment Services, LLC, (Kestra IS), member FINRA/SIPC, as to accuracy and is not intended to be used as a primary basis for investment decisions. It should also not be construed as advice meeting the particular investment needs of any investor. Past performance does not guarantee future results Bellwether Wealth is not affiliated with Kestra IS or Kestra AS. Kestra IS and Kestra AS do not provide tax or legal advice. Kestra IS and Kestra AS and Bellwether wealth are not affiliated with Albers Communications LLC.